This summer I decided to make it a fun one and to get through the week that I would do something each weekend. So I began to look up what was happening in Minnesota the twin cities that was fun, not too expensive and filled with cultural. So if you are from Minnesota or in town for the weekend and looking for something to do this blog post has your answers!
- Music and Movies in the park. This was a thing I did every summer in college with friends and my family. It’s super fun, enjoyable and a great night sitting in the park either listening to music or watching a good movie
- Northern Sparks: June 15-16th. This all-night festival happens every year somewhere different in the city. This year is downtown at The Commons, Minneapolis Central Library, and Nicollet Mall. It’s an art, education and interaction festival that goes on all night for two nights. Probably my highlight of June.
- Stone Arch Bridge Festival: June 15-17th. Stone Arch is my favorite spot in the city if you haven’t noticed. I never heard of the festival before, but what I see online it looks like it is full of so many fun activities from a Segway tour, food from Red Cow, and a free concerts.
- Pride Weekend: The pride festival is on June 23-24th. At Loring Park. But there are different events happen days and weeks prior. Pride Kick-Off Party Insight Brewing on June 16th, 2018.
- Uptown Food Truck Festival: June 24th. Like food? Like the idea of food trucks, this might be for you. 65 food trucks of best local and global dishes in Uptown.
- Basilica Block Party: July 6-7th. Get your tickets to one of the top city festivals in the Twin Cities. It is such a fun festival especially if one of your favorite bands are playing.
Sociable Summer: Market Fest: July 14th. Minneapolis Craft Market at the Sociable Cider brewery.
Twin Cities World Refugee Day July 15th. Down in Loring Park a free, family-oriented event celebrating the many thousands of refugees in Minnesota through song, dance, food, and storytelling. A day to provide a platform for refugee stories, to honor their lives, and to raise awareness of the millions forced to flee their homes. A great way to spend the day and learn!
- Bastille Day: Sunday, July 15. At Barbette putting on French national celebration. Music, art, food, and just a fun time!
- Uptown Art Festival: August 3-5th. Over 350 professional fine artists from around the world. Variety of different media including sculpture, painting, jewelry, mixed media, etc. It is probably one of the top art festivals that happen in Minnesota.
- Minnesota State Fair: August 23rd-September 3rd. The top EVENT of Minnesota Festival. I wrote a blog post about Minnesota State Fair. It’s a two-week festival full of food, walking, music, free stuff, and more food.
That is what is happening in Twin Cities Minnesota this summer. It’s going to be filled with excitement, some sun, and memories. What are you doing this summer?